Objective of the guide:
3CX, in addition to being a very advanced telephone solution, integrates the WebMeeting solution inside.
To make meetings or remote training sessions, you need a lean tool, which allows you to have all the tools we need at a click. 3CX allows you to easily manage any type of WebMeeting with extreme simplicity. All this for free for the standard license.
This guide is intended to explain how it works and to discover its benefits.
This guide can be applied to all hardware certified by us of the 3CX line that you can find here: https://www.miniserver.it/appliance/3cx-appliance.html
Start a WebMeeting:
There are 2 methods of starting a WebMeeting with 3CX:
- Via the 3CX WebApp
- Through the 3CX desktop application
In both cases, after provisioning with your credentials, simply select the Webmeeting icon and the web application for meetings with 3CX will be started on our default browser.
The supported browsers are: Chrome, Firefox and Opera. For ease of use, we recommend using Chrome.
This video explains the main features of the 3CX webmeeting module.
WebMeeting: let’s find out in detail:
3CX supports two types of “meeting room”:
- Private: For one-to-one meetings, ideal for conducting interviews, support and customer service queues.
- Shared: ideal for group meetings.
Upon starting WebMeeting, you will be asked to accept the license terms. Once accepted, your name and login button will be shown.
The Webmeeting screen will be the following:
Which consist in 3 principal sections:
1. Lateral Section
The icons at the top allow you to:
- Invite participants, indicating the name with which they will present themselves and the email address to which an automatic email will be sent with the link to join the meeting. You can also select any additional organizers.
- Copy the link of the meeting, in order to share the link independently
- Access the meeting settings panel, where audio / video quality can be configured
- A quick online guide on the use of Webmeeting
- The possibility to enlarge the meeting in full screen
In the central part instead the participants of the meeting will be indicated, where those indicated with the shield are the organizers. Selecting the name of a participant will open the advanced menu, which allows you to give participants the rights of organizer or presenter. The organizer has full control of the web meeting and can use all the available functions, such as using the remote desktop control function, controlling access to the camera, microphone and chat. Organizers can also accept, reject or expel a user from a meeting. The presenter can share the screen, respond to remote control requests, conduct surveys and share PDF files and documents.
The lower part is dedicated to the internal chat at the meeting. The icons at the bottom allow you to:
- Request to intervene
- Upload a file in chat (organizers only)
- Mute the chat audio
- Send the message
2. Commands Bar
With this bar you can manage your own commands, some of which are activated only for the speakers. Starting from the left, the icons allow you to:
- Activate and deactivate your video camera
- Activate and deactivate your microphone
- Registration of the meeting (dedicated speaker)
- Screen sharing (dedicated speaker)
- Document sharing (dedicated speaker, pdf file only)
- Whiteboard sharing (dedicated speaker)
- Sending questionnaire (dedicated speaker)
- Closing the meeting (the speaker can decide whether to leave the meeting or if to close the meeting, guests can only leave the meeting)
Screen sharing has multiple choice options. You can choose to share the entire desktop, a single program, or a single browser window in which you are connected to the meeting. To stop sharing, select the “Stop sharing” button.
By sharing a document, you are first asked to upload the document (you can upload multiple documents in order to have them accessible later) and then choose the document to be shared. While sharing the document, it will be possible to write notes (by inserting them with a pen or text) and browse the pages of the document. The Erase key immediately deletes all written notes and annotations. The files being uploaded will also be usable in other meetings. To stop sharing, select the “Stop sharing” button.
Sharing the blackboard asks the type of “sheet” you want to use, if entirely white or dotted. The commands will be the same that can be used when sharing documents. To stop sharing, select the “Stop sharing” button.
Sending the questionnaire allows you to send a test to the meeting participants, with the inclusion of closed questions. You can also enter a maximum time limit. Again, tests can be saved and reused. To stop sharing, select the “Stop sharing” button.
3. Central Section
The central section of the meeting is the one used for viewing images. In this part all the images of the participants who have the webcam active will be displayed, and it will be possible to make screenshots to the participants. The images of the participants will be miniaturized when the various shares described above are activated. In the following example, the blackboard was shared.
3CX allows free use of the entire system through a free license which in our opinion can be the ideal one for most Italian companies with up to 15/25 users.
It allows you to have unlimited users configured on the system, but limits up to 8 simultaneous calls and 25 users who can participate in WebMeeting.
The great granularity of the solution therefore allows you to start with a free license that in all respects can be used by many small companies, to get to the Enterprise versions with advanced features, dedicated to very large companies.